Company Spotlight- 2022 Assistant Manager of the Year
Recently at our yearly kickoff meeting, we recognized several employees with awards. One employee, Kylie, was awarded Assistant Manager of the Year for 2022. I asked Kylie to answer some questions about her StorPlace life.
What is your favorite part of working at our company?
- My favorite part of working at our company is the relationship we have amongst our team & tenants. Having such a positive work environment really makes a difference to our tenants.
What are you most proud of in your career so far?
- I’m most proud of how much I’ve learned about the Storage industry & strengthening my customer service skills.
How would you describe our company culture?
- Our company is full of helping hands, which makes a positive impact to our company culture. When most people read our Mission Statement, they probably think that only applies to how we treat our tenants. We treat each other with the same respect & integrity as we do our tenants. That makes us who we are as a company & I’m happy to be apart of it.
What's one thing people don't know about you that they would be surprised to find out?
- I’m an extremely creative person & hope to own a business one day doing what I love the most.
What piece of advice would you give to your younger self?
- I would tell myself to slow down. Life does not have a timeline for success.
- “Slow down, you’re doing fine. You can’t be everything you want to be before your time” -Billy Joel
How long have you been with the company?
- In August it’ll be 2 years that I’ve been with StorPlace.
What do you think makes our team culture unique?
- Our team culture is more like a family dynamic. I can call anyone on the team with a question & they are more than happy to help. We all have individual talents that strengthen our team. As a team, we collaborate on ideas to make our company stronger.
What are your goals for the next few months/years?
- My main goal is to buy a home, within the next 3 years. Besides that, I want to travel more & take my son to Disney World.
What do you enjoy most about working here?
- I enjoy working in a positive environment the most & the work/life balance is unlike any other company I’ve worked for. It’s awesome.
What’s the last song you listened to?
- Vienna by Billy Joel
What’s one thing on your bucket list?
- My #1 bucket list goal is going to Africa & going on a safari tour.
Thanks, Kylie for being such a great influence in our StorPlace family!!