Every month StorPlace holds a public auction on storage units that are more than 90 days in default in order to satisfy our lien as defined by Tennessee state law. This is an unfortunate but necessary event in order to make these storage units available for others. At StorPlace we make every effort to contact our tenants and work out a payment arrangement. A public auction of someone's belongings is absolutely the last resort used to satisfy the outstanding bill. Click the link below to view our 2013 Auction Calendar.
StorPlace Self Storage Foreclosure Auction Calendar
We welcome bidders to our public foreclosure auctions. Typically our Nashville area auctions are held once a month beginning at StorPlace of Bellevue. We also hold auctions in Bowling Green, KY and Murfreesboro, TN. The link below will take you to our current auction schedule for the Nashville/Murfreesboro area. This schedule is updated 24-48 hours prior to the auction date.
StorPlace Self Storage Auction Schedule
Our auction policies are as follows:
- StorPlace strictly follows the Tennessee Self Service Storage Lien Law;
- After 30 days in default a storage unit is entered by two (never just one) StorPlace employees who take a photograph as proof of inventory;
- The storage unit in default is then locked with a StorPlace lock and red tagged sealed insuring that no one else will enter the unit until the account is settled or the contents are auctioned;
- On the day of the foreclosure auction, all auction sales are final and are settled in cash after the auction takes place;
- Bidders bid on the entire contents of the unit and are required to broom sweep clean the unit within 48 hours of the sale. No contents are to be left behind;
- Occasionally tenants will ask that personal items be left behind. It is StorPlace's policy to give the name & contact information of the tenant to the winning bidder. The bidder may contact the tenant to make arrangements.
- All bids are to be made in $5 increments;
- If the bid exceeds $200 over the outstanding tenant bill, the auction is suspended for one month. This allows the tenant one more opportunity to make restitution.
- All sales are AS IS, and FINAL
- Policy and Rules may be updated on the day of the auction.